Monday, February 16, 2015

Interim has arrived


I started working on the songs for Interim back in 2011, writing at my kitchen table with a 4 track. I had the good fortune of enlisting cello playing from my friend Amy for several of the songs, lending it some nice melodies and textures. After moving up to Portland from Eugene in 2012, my computer crapped out and life was too disorganized to really work on the song cycle, leading me to simmer in frustration. This was later resolved through several magical rituals administered in a cruel sequence, a humbling series of events brought down from the almighty powers that be. My computer miraculously healed, I resumed enlisting many of my musician friends for contributions of instrument playing and vocalizing, leading to the eventual completion of the tracks, also allowed by the powers that be. Interim is 10 songs long and features mostly acoustic instrumentation. The songs are informed by rock, country and the supernatural history of everythingism. You can order a copy for $10 ppd using the paypal tab thing here over there: (you might have to view the web version of the blog)
thanks for being cool,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment