Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Box Tops - The Letter (Upbeat 1967)

My rock and roll life has been shit lately. I have a new band called trouble Cuts and they're really good, practicing and recording, occasionally playing gigs. Trouble is, my spirits are down due to the overly work-centered-ness of my life. Where did all my time and energy go? How did I get sucked into the career vacuum? I think survival has something to do with it. I have no shows to announce. I'm in the process of moving into a new house. I've been listening to lots of Alex Chilton; I just read a biography on him ( Man Called Destruction) and it was really good. What a random person, he really let it all hang out and never really gave his fans what was expected of him. I like it when he sings blue-eyed soul songs ala the Box Tops. This is my jam lately.







No comments:

Post a Comment